Saturday 24 November 2012

News comment: "Oldest panda relative may have been Spanish"

Let's move on to the probably most serious news or even posts of this whole blog (Who said news can't be combined with humour?). After my last post, the BBC got angry on me because I stated to have an intimate business relationship with them. Since they don't want do cooperate anymore I decided to give the CNN a chance. Actually they were waiting for that moment since the very creation of this blog! Take a look at this news: We from CNN are against stupid hyperlink jokes!


The pandas. We all love them. They're just so incredibly cute and adorable. Don't you think? :)
We all associate them with Asia. Basically because they live there. Seems legit, right?

Will funny images like this one stop being about racism and start to talk rather about immigration?


But now, there are scientists suggesting that there may be a possibility that our beloved pandas are actually OUR beloved pandas.

However, the scientists are not claiming to know that pandas evolved in Spain and then migrated to China. There is not enough information to make this statement.
So, don't go around calling this the missing panda link, Abella said. It's certainly possible that there are other older panda relative fossils out there waiting to be found. Moreover, we don't know for sure what the panda family tree looked like.
(Yeah, but it's enough reasoning to strike us with this promising title? These journalists nowadays...)


So, it could be possible that the black, white, Asian and chubby guys aren't actually originally Asian. What would that mean? Which effect would that have for the evolution of the 21st century? And the Mayas, did they know that, too?
Well, I think the hypothesis to assign a Spanish origin to the black and white cat-foots, better known as Ailuropoda melanoleuca, also known as giant panda, but commonly known as panda (let's take a breath...) isn't too farfetched. As an habitual internet user you've probably already seen popular statements like:

 Oh dear, this is so insanely cute, I'm going to have diabetes!


As you can see, pandas reflect quite well the common Spanish mindset. Because I don't know how many times I've seen this sentence with several panda pictures. I think this makes increase the possibilities that pandas maybe are related to Rajoy, Belen Esteban or all these famous and respected people who seem to A: not to have received the appropriate education or B: give a **** to the education.
Oh, this has just reminded me: I should translate the text in the image since this is an English blog!
Well, essentially it is talking about the Spanish temper and bullfighting. Oh dear, that was the stereotype chip in my brain, I feel terribly sorry.
Actually we could translate it as "asteriskasteriskasteriskasterisk school, I'm going to be a panda."




Take that, BBC. This is was the people care about!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha don't lose your sense of humour! It is truly a balm for hectic days and sour comments. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I try to give my best! Laughing is still the best medicine :)

    ReplyDelete