Thursday 27 December 2012

Fashion news: People! Zara commits to go toxic-free

Let's have a look at my utterly surprising fashion news. I'm sure you can't sit calmly on your chair (or sofa or armchair or bed or toil... well, let's assume you're sitting on a chair) to see which is the piece of news I chose:


I must definitely be the ONLY ONE to exploit every single link to make unnecessary jokes... And the same goes for typing in a small letter size. Oh. Oops.



Basically, we're being told here the following:

Zara, a big clothing retailer, has announced a commitment to reduce the discharge of toxic chemicals from its supply chain and products until it reaches zero by 2020. This is a breakthrough against environment pollution due to the requests of activits, denizens of social media and others. To prove that Zara (typical blog-specific comment #1: I almost wrote Zero instead of Zara... Too many abducting crisis in my head) accomplishes the commitment it'll follow a plan of transparency disclosing data about the release of hazardous chemicals.

And now, what you were waiting for, my opinion:

I think it should already be an absolutely obvious act for every company to do their best to reduce the release of toxic products. I mean, briefly they will announce the next day when we're all supposed to die. And don't you want to leave this planet in a good state for the aliens? Nah, but seriously (this word could never strike someone harder than in my posts, known beyond the seven seas for their seriousness), there are some things which should just be self-evident. If there are the possibilities to do it, why is there even a discussion about this? Oh, I forgot, money. Money. Money, money, money... must be funny.
Eventually you'll think I'm paranoid or something.
But well, let's be more positive since this is actually a positive piece of news. Or it's supposed to be, but if you really think of it, the base or the ground where this occurences sprout from isn't such a happy one. Maybe it's time for a revolution and the Mayas only tried to trick us so we would finally change something in the end, something like "Take it easy, there's little time left!"... Who knows, who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment