Sunday 11 May 2014

3 years, 117 posts... (aka Final Reflection)

...and one crazy German.


You know what? I have mental powers. I can look into the future. And you know something else? You can do it as well. All you need to do is to look into the past. Everyone with memory is able to look into the past. And that, and nothing else, will enable you to look into the future.



The future hasn't taken place yet. 
The future can be shaped in the present by looking into the past.





So... Wait! My mental powers are speaking to me... Let me concentrate.

Refl... Reflect... Reflection? A final reflection?

My mental powers told me that I would be asked in the future to do a final reflection, even when my blog is already finished and there's other stuff to do. What an atrocious destiny...

But as I said. Right now, I can shape the future. 

And therefore, my last yoursay post on this English blog shall be... A final countdown reflection:



Final reflection

Final reflection

Final reflection

Final reflection

Final reflection



What I loved about doing this blog is the creativity. There are tasks, there are news (which, if you're willing to do so, you can abuse to talk about the topics you're interested in anyway) and the yoursays/myworlds. Every term I have had a hard time to try to find topics to talk about in the yoursays. But you know what? Looking back, I liked the struggle and the challenge. It's not that easy to produce posts of high quality and quantity within the last few days before the deadline ;D And at the end of the day, I prefer doing yoursays over all the other posts.
So, a part from all the language aspects which have improved my English (I'm coming back to that later), this blog made me think. It made me reflect. I never wrote in a diary or similar. But this blog obliged me to rethink my opinions and learn to express them. What I haven't done that much in philosophy class or in the missing ethics class is what I've been doing here in the blog all the time. And this getting better with every term.
Of course, at first sight, the English blog is another school work that has to be done and when you begin doing the blog you don't really want to and you want to get it done quickly.
If the blog helped me to explore and train my creativity, it's because I actually wanted to.
Where there's a will, there's a way. However, if there's no will, there cannot possibly be any way.

And after all this time, I firmly believe that creativity - not anarchy, no alternative hippie methods, simply creativity - is one skill that isn't being valued enough in school. And we're supposed to learn from school. You need creativity anywhere. Being a musician as much as being a doctor or a lawyer (especially a lawyer has to be very creative if you know what I mean... nah, just kidding).
You need creativity in your daily life. Why aren't we promoting creativity, then?

Of course, my English has got better thanks to all these posts. Mostly because I was forced to write on a hypothetically regular basis and that means practising. At least while writing, I don't need that much time anymore to think how to express myself in English as I did 3 years ago. And since I wanted to ensure a certain quality and a fluid reading for the ones who check my blog, I had to look up new words, synonyms, etc. on dictionaries and that enriched my vocabulary a lot.


Finally, I wanted to say thank you to the people who actually read my posts. It doesn't matter if it's because you're the teacher who has to correct this blog, if you're just so utterly bored that you prefer looking through other blogs over progressing with your own one or if you're actually interested in my posts.
The important thing is that they have been read by you. That makes me happy. Writing these posts could never have been in vain. But they gain much more value by your time being spent on my blog. Even if you're only a few, maybe 5 people, it already means a lot to me. Thank you.


Having said this, I say goodbye to all of you from this school. We still have some time to spend together, but within a few months we will all be at different places. 
It has been a very special time. Unique, as I like to say. It's a pity that I couldn't have been more open from the very beginning. Maybe I would have experienced more great friendships. But, after all, I don't regret anything. And I'm happy that I could be a part of your life, be that part as tiny as it may. 





I wish you the best.




---




My post was so beautiful the way it ended :( Now I have to play martyr and disgrace the holy death of this blog.

Yeah, well, I forgot to mention that I also tend to dramatise a lot.

Alright, so let's add what the Holy Bible, the Google Docs on the 2batspace site wants:

So, I have to compare my first written document to my current level? Let's have a look at the day when I outed myself as a koala:

 An animal I like very much is the koala. It's a very relaxed animal, they sleep 20 hours a day! Also, they're herbivorous', so they don't have to hunt other animal or fight. We could say they're very pacific animals, just like me. They spend most time in their life sleeping to gain energy. Energy for eating. I can't say I actually sleep and eat all the time, but it's a lifestyle I wouldn't consider bad. If reincarnation exists, I'd like to be born as a koala. It would be a kind of recompense for having worked so hard as a human. They don't have a very long life (female koalas live around 15 years, male koalas around 10 years), but during the time the live, they live well. When people see pictures of koalas like the one in this post, their hearts start to melt down. Yours one, too, right?

Well, to my surprise, it's actually not that bad. There are practically no mistakes (at first sight I've only found "kind of a recompense"). However, the writing style is a slightly more childish, not incredibly different though. One could say that I've conserved my inner child... And that's a good thing, right?

Right?


If I had to choose one post as the best of this blog... Honestly, I don't know. There are many different posts that I like and each of them has its flaws and its virtues... I think almost all the posts of this last term represent my current English level.



As for the oral presentations... Literally worlds between them. Here is my first oral presentation from 4th of ESO: Ready for heading into a dark past? God, we were so cute back then! It's hard to believe how much one changes in 3 years, we were children!

Since then, especially during Batxillerat, I've developed my own style of presenting, while I think that my best presentation was the one about sitcoms (probably the marks on my self-evaluations will contradict this, but anyway, I'm not perfect ;D). It was also the most entertaining topic to talk about. I must say that I still have a problem with speaking too fast, but I'll keep refining that.



And now, I'm finished.













GAME OVER

No comments:

Post a Comment